After having escaped the Maze, the Gladers now face a new set of challenges on the open roads of a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles.

Director: Wes Ball
Writers: T.S. Nowlin (screenplay), James Dashner (novel)
Stars: Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario, Thomas Brodie-Sangster

Storyline

In this next chapter of the epic "Maze Runner" saga, Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) and his fellow Gladers face their greatest challenge yet: searching for clues about the mysterious and powerful organization known as WCKD. Their journey takes them to the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles. Teaming up with resistance fighters, the Gladers take on WCKD's vastly superior forces and uncover its shocking plans for them all.


User Reviews


First of all, I didn't want to go and see this movie especially because I saw the first part and while I was watching it I was really interested in knowing why they were tested in the maze or who Thomas and Teresa were, what they did before they were cast out into the maze, etc... but unfortunately I got none of this answers, but what I did get were a lot more mysteries but no answers, but it's not like LOST where it leaves the audience thinking and putting things together and finding out the mysteries, but it's more of a dull and predictable mysteries every time they have some of the main characters talk to each other.

This movie starts where the other one picked off, both in action and in mysteries, you will get 0 answers as to how the virus infected the world, or how the world was destroyed as it is, or what is the cure, and mainly you will see that there is no real motivation to be on wither side WICKD or the Gladers, because in fact what separates their motivations is just the way they use the antidote and nothing more, here there's more illogicalness than clever writing or a logical explanation of why Thomas and the others are against WICKD, but yeah the movies spends more of its time giving you more mysteries and making you more interested in seeing the final conclusion than actually put some sense into this chapter...

Next, the dialogues are extremely cliché-d like: "you're not working as fast as I need you", or "the boss arriving sooner than expected", "come on let's go!", etc, etc... you get the picture. Although I might be ignored, cause every useful reviews on this are from people who think this movie is awesome, I need to say my opinion and save the money of some people who want to go see this movie hoping it's a good one. More, it seems like every time there is a dialog that can reveal key plot points or mysteries, or memories, is cut short and the subject quickly changes to something else, and it gets really frustrating, I was laughing as hard as I could with my friend in the cinema, while watching things like that or glass that breaks, then suddenly not breaks, then finally breaks, it's like the glass listens to the movie script, just like other things like storm or zombies.

This movie got so bad, that at one point where it turned ridiculously cliché-d and mysterious beyond any measure, I thought of leaving the cinema, but I stayed out of respect for my friends who invited me to see it, cause I would NEVER see a movie so cliché-d and stupidly mysterious(I couldn't find any other words) in my life again. This is just an insult to an intelligent mind because this movie just wants to be too clever but ends up setting more mysteries and events for the next movie than it resolves the mysteries or conflicts it already has.

Even though there isn't a "Maze Runner" title to show at the beginning of the movie, this movies feels ridiculously stupid about running in every scene of the movie. All the conflicts or natural disasters end up with the Young Adults running from those things. And yeah, you heard me correctly, even the natural disasters are chasing the kids. At this point I was having 0 expectations from the movie, and it didn't surprised me after that, being only more cliché-d and predictable, not even zombie's scares didn't frighten me, and honestly

I remained with pretty much nothing after this movie, unlike after I watch movies from Stephen Spielberg, Nolan, Scorsese, Ron Howard, etc, etc... So to wrap up this review, don't go and see this movie, unless you are bored to death and want to have some fun and laugh at how bad this movie really is. By the way, the movie's rating is way too high, this shows just how easily people are fooled and how easily their money are wasted on things like this. This movie's real rating should be around 5-6, but until it gets there(which probably won't happen) I stick with 1.

       

Post a Comment

 
Top